PLATINUM REFINING PLANT BY AQUA REGIA TYPE IAP/20Pt – Pd – Rh
The IAO-20Pt unit is used to refine Pt alloys or ashes with a maximum platinum content of 99 %. The same plant can also be used for separating and refining Au, Pd, Ag, if these metals are present in the alloy.More Information On The Aqua Regia Process Click Here
A quantity of silver above 8-10 % hinders the refining process.
Production rate of the IAP plant is up to 2 Kg of alloy every 24 hours if the Platinum content is above 90%; otherwise the production rate falls in proportion to the platinum content (the refining cycle time lasts 3-4 days). A purity of 999/1000 can be obtained. If other metals belonging to the Platinum family are present, a double-refining method must be followed.
If more than 0.5 % of Au is contained in the alloy, it must be precipitated first.
- The units are modular to reduce eventual costs if production increases;
- A vacuum system is used to transfer the acid solutions
- Pyrex glass is used as it is the only material that doesn’t absorb precious metals. It also facilitates the cleaning operations of the reactors and condensers.
- For safety reasons, all parts in Pyrex (reactors and condensers) are positioned inside a ppl hood fitted with a suction manifold that can be connected to a fume scrubber, our model TLF/750 (optional). The hood has been designed to recover any acid or water leakage.
- The electric heaters for the reactors are fitted with power regulators to control the dissolution process.
- The units are supplied with two containers for HCl and HNO3 positioned in a PPL tray as requested by European laws. The acids are transferred from the storage containers to 2 graduated Pyrex containers inside the hood by a vacuum system. From there, they are transferred to the reactors by gravity.
- Filter unit on wheels with a compressed air diaphragm pump to transfer the solutions;
- Cementation unit for precipitation phase
- Every unit is supplied with one storage container on wheels for the king waters storage.
- n°1 Polypropylene hood containing :
- n°1 20 lt pyrex reactor fitted with n°1 electric heater and n°1 pyrex condensor to condense the acid fumes. The heater is fitted with a potentiometer to regulate the power.
- n°2 20 lt pyrex concentrators with heaters, condensate separators and pyrex condensors. The heaters are fitted with a potentiometers to regulate the power.
- n°1 Compressed air diaphragm pump to transfer the solutions.
- n°1 50 Lt tank complete with cover and aspiration for the decantation of AgC
- n°2 Antiacid containers for HNO3 and Hcl with aspiration
- n°1 Table on wheels fitted with
- n°2 Pyrex precipitation containers, easy to wash and complete with two covers (one with relative porcelain buckner filter to transfer and filter the solution using a vacuum pump, one with fume suction for the fumes that develop during the cementation process).
- n°1 10 lt filter flask
- n°1 Porcelain buckner filter (ext. Diameter 265 mm)
- Power supply : three-phase.
- Power : 2,5 Kw.
- Overall dimensions : 3870x3130x2550 mm (length-width-height).
- Weight : 546 Kg
Rh refining (lab equipment)
This equipment is sufficient to refine the quantities of Rh specified in the data sheet left with us. This equipment consists of :
- Tube furnace
- Rh refining glassware (lab equipment)
- Required accessories
- Dedicated TLF/500 fume scrubber
- Final purity : 999/1000
- Iridium (Ir) and rhodium (Rh) are separated and recovered in powder form
Please take note that refining Rhodium isa very complicated and highly technical operation and requires a degree in chemistry (MSE or BSE) to be carried out in the proper fashion. We strongly advise against such a job being carried out by a non-chemist.
|1||€ 130.600,00||€ 130.600,00|
RECOVERY UNT TYPE IAP/E
For recovery of PGM trailings.
This unit is used for recover small batches of platinum from the trailings of previous refining cycles. The machine is made out of polypropylene sheets and it is fitted with two electric furnaces for getting the proper reaction of the chemical solution used for the refining process. The hood is also provided with aspirator and lighting.With the machine we supply all the relevant glass items and a kit of accessories needed for completing the chemical processes as for example Pyrex glass flasks of different sizes, 3lts. , 5 lts., 10 lts. , plastic containers, a starting kit for platinum refining , some chemical products to be used during the process, etc.
- Overall dimensions : 1480 x 750 x 1720 mm.
- Weight : 130 Kg
|1||€ 15.000,00||€ 15.000,00|
FUME SCRUBBER TLF/850
In order to avoid drop dragging, a second 310 mm thick layer of raschig rings has been placed upstream to the sprayer.
A neutralization solution container is placed beneath the tower. The solution circulation pump has a capacity of 55 Lts/1′ with a head of 6 m. The suction fan has a max capacity of 2000 m3/hour.
- Power supply : three-phase.
- Power : 3 kW
- Overall dimensions : 1500x1200x3500 mm (length-width-height).
- Working weight : 350 kg
|1||€ 16.500,00||€ 16.500,00|
This plant consists of :
- 6 kW electric calcination furnace complete with control panel and a quartz 6.2 lt crucible. The latter is loaded into the furnace from the bottom using a mechanical lifter. A thermal cycle programmer is on the control panel.
- PPl suction hood for the fumes produced by the calcination process connected to a pyrex glass heat exchanger needed to lower the temperature of the fumes and to recover ammonium chloride.
Fume scrubbing plant model TLF/500-2
The plant is composed of two scrubbers in series : the first contains a acid solution, the second an alkaline solution. Both have pumps and internal sprayers. The system is also fitted with a 1000 m3/h, 60 mm static pressure suction fan.
|1||€ 29.000,00||€ 29.000,00|
- Optional Installation & Training
- € 960.00/Day plus flight/travel related expenses
Price: € 191.100,00
Check the latest exchange rate
Listed price subject to manufacturers price increases without notice.