Inventory Number: 9341-385
- Patented 1876
- Swing: 10"
- Distance between centers: 30"
- Speeds: 3
- Overall dimensions: 51" x 25" x 50" high
- 8", 4-Jaw chuck
- Steady rest
- Tool post
- Foot treadle
- Swing up seat
W. F. & John Barnes Co. was established 1869, made a formal partnership between William F. Barnes and John Barnes in 1872, and incorporated in 1884. This company was an early manufacturer of pedal-powered equipment. (By 1881 they were also making powered machinery.) There were many companies making lightweight foot-powered equipment, but Barnes and the Seneca Falls Co. were the only ones to also make professional-grade machines. From the beginning of their existence, they focused on pedal-powered machinery, especially scroll saws.
- From the December 1881 issue of Manufacturer & Builder: "W. F. & John Barnes, of Rockford, Ill., have commenced the manufacture of power lathes, in addition to that of foot lathes."
Click On Images To View Full Size: